Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why?

You may have wondered during my long, dreary days of blog posting why my blog is called Sancastles. My sister Elisabeth confronted me long ago of this and I said as I often quote myself "Eventually!" So here I find myself at last. As to the answer... I call my blog Sandcastles for three main reasons. Them being:

1. My dad suggested it at the begining and I couldn't think of anything better! Not that it isn't a good idea, Dad!
2.I live in the desert with water so guess what! We go to the beach and make Sandcasles!
3. I thought it was kinda catchy. Sorta fun. So it stuck!


That is the story of the simple word "Sandcastle" made to be Abby's blog's name.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Perhaps, theorists might propose that life is a bit like a sandcastle. You build something up and then it gets washed away or torn down. While this may be true in some circumstances, I don't agree with this suggestion as a philosophical declaration because life lived in Christ is built on a solid foundation of faith, not easily washed away sand. However, this is just another suggestion concerning the christening of your worthy inscriptions within this blog.

Oh, and I had a fabulous time this evening! Who-hoo for sister time!!!
~Elisabeth

Anonymous said...

Elisabeth, the only person that I know who would say that is you! Other people would just say "Cool!" or "Fascinating!", but not you! Your crazy Lizzy!!!


I had a GREAT time too,
~Abby~