Friday, November 30, 2007
How much is too much?
Last night Mom whipped up a tasty bowl of homemade applesauce. Normally, she puts in Red Hots. However, she failed to find them so she thought "It'll be fine. I will just put maybe a little extra Cinnamon." So home she went and started cooking. She started sprinkling cinnamon, but she decided it wasn't coming out fast enough so she took off the cap and splat. There went our supply of cinnamon and the normal homemade applesauce. At that moment, I was practicing my Cello when she said "I am so much like Emily!" She was referring to Thanksgiving when Emily decided to put all the spices she could think of in her deviled eggs. Until yesterday, those eggs were sitting in our refrigerator waiting to be eaten. Finally, Mom threw them away (unbeknownst to Emily). Back to the story, I immediately exclaimed "What did you do?!?!?!" She then she lightly whispered "I put a little too much cinnamon in the applesauce." I came in to inspect it, and there behold was the darkest applesauce she, and most likely anybody else, had ever made. Next time she makes homemade applesauce let's hope she remembers that every so important question "How much is too much?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hear, hear! LOVE this post! It's so true. Keep up the innovative posting!
Post a Comment